Reflections

Fall is here. The year is preparing for its final months. Another beginning is around the corner. And so, a time of reflection is upon me. I have always been a deep thinker, a deep feeler. I often think back on life and dream of what is to come. So here it goes...

I have been living the same life for several years now and it had been good. There has been a lot of growth, a lot of healing, a lot of processing that needed to be done. But now I believe it is time for a change. I don't know what that looks like, though I have some ideas. Some of which scare me a bit. That's good isn't it? I've always been one to play it safe. I like comfort. I like low risk things. I like safe. So it's time to take a risk, right?

Sure, I've made some huge steps since graduating high school. I decided to pursue writing, where nothing is guaranteed. Becoming a writer means opening oneself to a lot of rejection before hearing a yes. It's a daily struggle against self doubt and lost motivation. It's a profession that has a lot of waiting. I started attending writers conferences, which as a shy, super introverted, barely-ever-attended-anything-on-her-own young adult was a giant leap. I began flying by myself to visit a friend across the U.S., that took a lot of courage for me. And recently I became a junior high leader at my church. So I've stretched myself...slowly, hesitantly, but nevertheless I did it.

The thing is, I'm not done being stretched. I'm not sure anyone ever really is. This time, I'm actually asking for it. Intentionally. Yeah, call me crazy. I've gotten this desire for something more. A healthy desire. I've been doing relatively the same thing for three years. I was content doing it too. Until a while ago. A part of me is excited for something new. The other part is discouraged. And restless. The other day I described it this way, "It feels like I have a seat to watch life go on without me. Everyone around me is moving and I'm just here."

Anyone relate? I've made progress in life, just slower than others. And that isn't a bad thing. Some people have to take it slower than other. I had some growing to do, spiritually, emotionally, physically. I had things to face and things to heal from. It's all in the timing. God's timing. He knows what needs to be done, how it needs to be done, and why it needs to be done. That's where trust comes in. And I'm seriously learning what it is to fully trust.

I'm willing to trust God. His timing. His plan. I want to follow Him down the path He has set for me. It seems that for now, that means trusting Him and stepping out in faith. Trusting that He will take care of the obstacles, the risks, the process. Are you willing? Will you join me in trusting God with our futures? With our jobs? With our education? With our passions? With our relationships? I hope you will. This life with God is an adventure of its own, an adventure I pray you'll be bold enough to take.

Comments

Popular Posts