A Reason for Restless Nights


If you are like me, you hate it when you can't fall asleep; the constant turning from side to side, the exhausted yet fully awake feeling, the defeated urge for morning to just come already.

Last night was such a night. Sleep would not come. So I had the opportunity to comforted a friend late into the night. Later still I couldn't fall asleep. I prayed and prayed and prayed. Still no sleep. I don't know exactly how late it was when I finally fell asleep but it was starting to get a touch of light outside. 

I woke up feeling awful and desperate for coffee. Complaints started forming in my mind and then I had a sobering thought... What if those restless nights happened for a reason? 

What if the reason I couldn't sleep was because my friend needed me? What if the reason I couldn't sleep was because God wanted me to sit in His presence and pray, intentional and undistracted. 

As I thought this, I realized how much more important it was than one night's full sleep. I became even more grateful I could be there for a friend in need. I rejoiced that I spent time with my Heavenly Father. 

I might feel tired right now but God's strength will carry me through my day. May He carry you through your day too. God bless you all and have a wonderful day.

Comments

Popular Posts