Read 50 Books in 1 Year

Last year I challenged myself to read 50 books in a year and expand my reading genres. And I successfully reached my goal. Below is my 2018 reading list with a brief blurb of my thoughts.

1. A Man's Heart by Lori Copeland
A wonderful western romance that had me up late into the night laughing, crying, and completely engulfed. Lori Copeland has an amazing way with words. 
 
2. A Name Unknown (Shadows Over England Book 1) by Roseanna M. White
History. Mystery. Romance. This book had it all. Roseanna M. White crafted an intriguing story and relatable characters. I am eager to begin reading the next books in the series.
 
3. Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
This fiction book was raw, eye-opening, and created around a true historical scandal. It was a good read, tough to swallow at times, and pulled at the heartstrings.
 
4. Room for Hope by Kim Vogel Sawyer
Through the strong characters in this historical fiction, Kim Vogel Sawyer shows forgiveness and love in a way I had never read before. Great read.
 
5. The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin
An excellent, beautifully written contemporary romance that had me in tears. 
 
6. Messenger by Moonlight by Stephanie Grace Whitson
Intriguing historical fiction with great characters and plot.
 
7. An Awakened Heart by Jody Hedlund
 A well crafted historical romance novella that took me back in time. 

8. To Win Her Favor by Tamera Alexander
A good historical romance that combined two of my favorite things, horse racing and history.
 
9. The Witness by Dee Henderson
10. Unspoken by Dee Henderson
11. Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson
12. Undetected by Dee Henderson
13. Taken by Dee Henderson 
14. Jennifer: A Love Story by Dee Henderson 
 Suspense. Romance. Mystery. Intrigue. Dee Henderson has an incredible way with words that gripped me on every page. Great plot. Amazing characters.
 
15. A Thousand Sleepless Nights by Michael King
A gripping, relatable story that had me captivated with its display of the fight for family and love.
 
16. A Lady Like Sarah by Margaret Brownley
Entertaining western romance that didn't disappoint.
 
17. In All Deep Places by Susan Meissner
 I found this mystery in a little shop while traveling and was so excited to read it. Fascinating characters, great plot, and an ending that took my breath away.
 
18. The Universe of Us by Lang Leav
I loved this collection of poetry. Simple yet profound.
 
19. Bad Ground by W. Dale Cramer
A coming of age novel with good characters.
 
20. Out of the Shadows by Sigmund Brouwer
A good mystery read that was eerie at times.
 
21. The Return (Amish Beginnings Book 3) by Suzanne Woods Fisher
An enjoyable book from a talented author. Wonderful characters and plot.
 
22. Phoebe's Light (Nantucket Legacy Book 1) Suzanne Woods Fisher
Suzanne Woods Fisher knows what she's doing. Great story and excellent characters.
 
23. A Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne Gist
 A solid historical romance about the tobacco brides.
 
24. Hope Valley War by Brock Thoene
A good western that was fun to read.
 
25. Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool
26. Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
Two interesting middle grade books with unique stories. 
 
27. Little Britches by Ralph Moody
A solid adventure that entertained.
 
28. Flight of the Eagles (Seven Sleepers Book 1) by Gilbert L. Morris
 Not quite my cup of tea but it has some interesting ideas.

Men of the Saddle Series by Lori Copeland
29. The Drifter
30. The Maverick
31. The Plainsman
32. The Peacemaker
I immediately fell in love with this western romance series. The characters are well rounded, the romance is genuine, the humor is spot on, and the story took me to another era.
 
Code of the West Series by Stephen Bly
33. It's Your Misfortune and None of My Own
34. One Went to Denver and the Other Went Wrong
35. Where the Deer and the Antelope Play
36. Stay Away from That City... They Call It Cheyenne
37. My Foots in the Stirrup-- My Pony Won't Stand
This series was a fun, good ol' western adventure that had me entertained.
 
O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
38. Danger In the Shadows
39. The Negotiator
40. The Guardian
41. The Truth Seeker
42. The Protector
43. The Healer
44. The Rescuer
Dee Henderson completely wrecked me with this incredible suspense romance series. I have never read books that sucked me in so hard and so fast. Her detail and storytelling is beyond brilliant. Throughout the series I felt such a wide range of emotions that had me reaching for the next book and the next. The characters are so real, relatable, and inspiring. 
 
Orphan Train Series by Jody Hedlund
45. With You Always
46. Together Forever
Anything orphan train related captures my attention. This historical fiction series by Jody Hedlund is no exception. I absolutely loved these books and cannot wait to purchase the next book in the series that was recently released. They are a great read!
 
Uncommon Heroes Series by Dee Henderson
47. True Devotion
48. True Valor
49. True Honor
50. True Courage
Again, Dee Henderson sent me on an exciting ride with her military romance series. These characters, much like many of her other characters, show the true lives that men and women who fight to protect their loved ones. These are truly inspirational books that had me at page 1.

Comments

  1. These all look like great reads! Orphan Train related stories always capture my attention to -- so I'll have to look into that series you mentioned! Have you ever read the Orphan Train Adventures series by Joan Lowery Nixon?

    Happy New Year! :)
    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Yes I have, multiple times through! It's probably my favorite orphan train series.
      Happy New Year Faith!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts