Forever Thankful

Thanksgiving for us was small, with two of my siblings, my parents, and my nephew. Mom and I had done some prep work for the meal, but were still in the kitchen Thanksgiving day. We had homeade stuffing, green bean cassarole, dinner rolls (made with lots of butter), strawberry jam, cranberry sauce, sweet potato cassarole, gravy, mash potatoes, pickles, olives, and most importantly turkey. 

During dinner we each shared a couple things we were thankful for. After eating, we enjoyed a much anticipated football game (yay cowboys!), and played many word games. Dessert is a must and we did not hesitate in tasting the pumpkin pie, homemade chocolate creme pie (with an oreo crust), and pumpkin cheesecake. One thing I love about Thanksgiving dinner is that there is always leftovers! 

This year I am thankful for the trials God has allowed me to go through. They have drawn me closer to Him and closer to my friends and family. I am also grateful to the friendships I have. They make me a better me. I am thankful for a job and writing opportunities. This year has been a good one, and I thank God for his protection and guidance through it all.

I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving too. God bless. 

Comments

Popular Posts