Children in Our Lives

I have recently realized how surrounded I am by children, and how it affects my love for them and dreams of having ones of my own. For the past 6 years, I have been an aunt. Being called "Auntie Min" was weird at first but now I love hearing it. Having a little kid think you are so cool is amazing. Also, just knowing that someone looks up to you can change how you act and change what you say. I had a nephew first and I was so happy. I love little boys and we wrestled, played catch, baseball, and soccer.

Two years ago my niece was born and being an auntie changed. I thought "oh here we go, playing house and dolls". As a kid, I loved playing those but now when little girls ask to play that I don't know what to do. But boy was I wrong! My niece is the most rambunctious thing there is. She loves wrestling, running, playing with balls, building towers only to destroy them. I hope my children are like that. Both of them are supper smart and catch you off guard all the time. I love the surprising ones.

I can't wait to have kids of my own, although I do want 4 boys, if I were to have a girl I would want her to be like my niece. Smart, tough, and active. Children can be exhausting but they can be so much fun and when they tell you how much you mean to the it gives you strength to keep playing, teaching, and being their best friend.

Comments

  1. I know what you mean! Having nieces and nephews does make you think about what kind of an example I'm being. My first was a nephew too:) It's funny reading this post now, because at the moment, we're babysitting four of my nephews and one of my nieces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts