Movies!

So February is always the month where people write, talk, and think about love. Well I'm not going to in this post. 
a) I have already done it. 
b) I feel like bring nontraditional.

So, what am I going to talk about? Well after deep consideration, I have decided that the best course of action would be to talk about movies. I know, I know. I said untraditional, but whatever. It is what I'm into right now. So let's begin!

My favorite genre is, of course, action. Love love love them! Now before I go off listing movies, you need to understand one thing. I watch a lot of movies on ClearPlay. For those of you who don't know what that is, its a special dvd player that takes out the bad stuff in movies. My recent favorites have been action movies my friends introduced me to, and boy am I glad. They are, The Italian Job and Shooter (both on clearplay). And yes, they both have Mark Wahlberg. Another obsession has been the Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, 3. Orlando Bloom, right ladies? And I will admit I love Jack Sparrow. Johnny Depp took pirates to the next level! Now these are slightly less "actiony" but still, there's fighting, there's humor, and really talented actors. Recently I saw the Lone Ranger, which I nearly died laughing through. Its a bit on the corny side but I liked it. It had action, humor, and a tinge of romance. It also has the honorable Armie Hammer and once again, John Depp. I loved the fact that Tonto had a broken pocket watch and in Pirates Jack Sparrow had a "broken" compass. 

I love the complex characters, the characters that will make hard choices, and the heroes. When there is love but someone is in the wrong level of society I love watching the character that is bound and determined to break tradition. Any stubborn hot headed character always catches my eye. I usually always side with the hero in moves but in some cases it's the villain that is my favorite. Loki, for example, will always be my favorite. His complex personality and eloquent speech has me siding with him. In Thor the Dark World, I loved when Loki got to play the good guy, even if at the end of the movie it seems like he became the bad guy once more. See, I just used "seems" to not condemn my poor villain to his true nature. 

Do you ever do anything different while watching a movie to make it more exciting? I do. I love watching each characters facial expressions. When I watch movies over and over, each time I pick out a different character to watch and study. If someone is speaking, I try to see the people in the background for their expression. You will find you have missed things the first few go arounds.
I also love memorizing movies. At one point I almost had the entire Avengers memorized. Why can't they make textbooks like that? Another fun thing to do with movies is watch them in a different language and see if you know what they are saying. It's also comical to see the mighty Thor speaking french.

What are some of your favorite movies and why? How can you change up your movie watching?

Comments

  1. Some of my favorite movies are Big Hero 6, Tangled, and Cinderella(2015). I enjoy them for the stories and the ideas they make me think about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts