Love

Isn't it weird how you can love someone but still not realize how much you truly do until they are gone?

There are hundreds of types or "levels" of love. There is a love of a brother and sister or a sister and sister; a love only twins can have; a love of a parent and their child or a child to their parent; a love between friends; and a love between a husband and wife.

I know I love my parents. Yes, its hard at times when they seem to ask the impossible, correct me, or embarrass me, but at the end of the day I love them. I love my twin sister. She's everything to me. In some ways this love is greater than my love for my parents. This may sound cliche, but she and I are connected at heart. I will get mad at her, and we have out differences, but at the end of the day I love her more and more.  She has my utmost loyalty. I love my brothers way differently then my sister. It is more of a conditional love, I must say, but I love them because they are family and sometimes they are fun. I love my friends. Some on a different level. Some I bear my heart and soul to. Some I give bits and pieces. But I love them all and they have my time, my support, and my friendship.

I don't want to love one a level and then when that person is gone regret not loving them more. Love is hard, but it is what God commanded us to do. You can do all the great things in the world but if you do not love, it is all wasted. Love. That is the purpose God gave us. To love Him and love others. That's something I strive to do.

I know I love all these people, but I usually don't truly understand the level I love them at until something traumatic happens or they are gone. It is in those moments where I want to spend time with them, talk to them, and love them even more. Take a moment and think of the people you love. Are there ways where you can love them more? I know I don't want to take relationships for granted. I want to love with all that I am. I want to love like Jesus.

What about you?

Comments

Popular Posts