My Writing Struggle

I started writing a novel a while back, my favorite so far. Then I got stuck... Here's the problem:

In another world my main character fell in love with the loveliest if girls. Later he married her and they have kids...

All of this will not be included in my novel. It cannot. But a friend and I are trying to make sure it comes true in another book, just not this one. 

He is in a life so dark and painful and I put him in another painful end...but then I decided to put him in a brighter world and leave the end to the reader's imagination. It is messy business really. Lots of changes and decisions must be made and I am afraid of messing up my "child's" life. Hilarious isn't it?

Then I get a new novel idea. I walk with it but it takes off running. I start writing but then stopped so I could focus on my current novel. Since then I have had 3 other novel ideas. I started them but left them to focus on my main novel. And it's killing me.

And of course the second of my old novel set is not complete...I had to leave it because my main novel was a school project and that one was not. I left it with one chapter to write it into completion. My desperation to finish it is getting in the way of the current novel.

It's a daily struggle. I get poems written every once and a while, but with school and other events happening writing is hard. Soon I believe I am going to get so filled with ideas, words, and passion that I will just sit down with pen and paper or my phone or computer and bleed from my soul. It will be ink from my veins, literature from my heart, and life from my lungs. It will be a picture of victory and beauty.

That is the day I look forward to.

Popular Posts