"Double Life"



You think you know me well
But I’m playing a double life
If you asked, I would never tell
What I have done with a knife

You think I am always strong
And that this smile is true
Sorry, but you’re dead wrong
You don’t know what I do

There are feelings inside of me
That I cannot attempt to explain
Matched with scars I try to hide
They are evidence of my pain

A thousand nights I have cried
Tried to feel, but came out numb
A thousand times I have lied
Oh, what a wreck I have become

Would you care how much I bled?
Or how my skin is forever scarred?
Would you care if I were dead?
Or visit my grave out in the yard?

You can say I am here for a reason
You can ask and beg me to quit
Say this will pass with the season
Sorry but I’ve made another slit

It is an addiction and my only relief
“Get help” is easier said than done
I swore myself to silence like a thief
My world is shattered, I trust no one

This is me, a heart so shut
Now you see, I am cut



I wrote this for some friends...and myself...and others suffering from this. Please, know this is not healthy, you need help, and that the pain does end. 

Comments

  1. That is so touching. *hugs* <3 <3

    I love you Jade! :)

    ~Rainbowchelsea96

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 *hugs* Thanks. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts