Our Best Friend, Lady.

Lady (Feburary 14, 2008 - September 7, 2021)

A beautiful, strawberry blond, Pomeranian-Chihuahua. She was small, but oh! how she was fierce. Lady never hesitated to show the bigger dogs who was the boss. She even charged at a full-grown horse once. Lady liked playing tug-of-war or "wrestling," as long as she was in the mood and as soon as the mood was over, she would walk away. She would howl when my sister and I practice playing our violins. Mom was convinced Lady was singing, I think Lady was simply giving us her honest opinion. But then again, she would stay in the room and listen.

She was funny that way. 

Lady fancied herself as an honorary caregiver when my niece and nephew came along. On one occasion when my nephew was a baby, he lost his sock while being carried to our guest room for a nap. Lady picked up the sock and made sure my mom got it. She would go and sit by the guest room door and let us know when he woke up. Lady knew when my brother's friends were coming over by the sound of their basketballs growing near and she made sure we all knew about it. 

She was selfless that way. 

Lady would lick your face when you cried and snuggle with you when you were sick. She loved walks and joining us on our yoga mats. Lady enjoyed laying in the sun, soaking up the warmth, and smelling whatever scents were drifting into the yard. She got excited when my dad would give her whipped cream from the can. Lady helped my sister and me eat our vegetables on more than one occasion. She smiled a lot. Lady was a great companion, willing to protect you, listen to your life problems, and let you hold her when you needed comfort.

She was sweet that way.

Comments

Popular Posts