Fun Facts About Me

I did an interview a while ago with a writing buddy about myself as a writer. Now I am doing a Q&A that is not limited to writing related questions. Some friends of mine were gracious enough to help me put together this post with their questions. Thanks y'all. Aaaaaaand here it goes!

Are you a plotter or a pantser? Pantser. I will write up character charts, setting, and a few key events in the book but other than that, I just write.
How long have you been writing? Um, totally cliche answer but, since I can remember.
Do you prefer writing girl or guy MCs? Guy MC. 100%. I've done one of two girl MCs before but they end up tomboys through and through. Lol.
How far along are you on your current WIP? I am 1 page in.
What was the name of the first short story or poem or book you ever wrote? I'm not sure. We used to makes stories up and my mom would write them down for us. I remember writing a short story about a horse when I was really young. I didn't get into writing poetry until 4th grade or so.
Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate!
Disney or Dreamworks? (Or other)? Disney if I have to choose. But Dreamworks did my favorite movie, Spirit...and they did Trolls...and HTTYDs. But I'll still say Disney.
What's your favorite thing about working with horses? Getting to communicate with body language, touch, and voice. Horses are so different from each other and I love learning what works for one horse that might not on another horse.
What helps you to keep writing when you are discouraged or don't feel like it? The fact that not writing hurts more than my or others opinion of my work. Also, encouragement from my friends and family.
What is your favorite emoji? Urm, probably this one --> :3
Do you remember what inspired you to start writing in the first place? I always remember loving to write. My mama would have us write whatever we wanted everyday and I always looked forward to creating something. There was also a quote by Toni Morrison that said, "If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it." So I did just that.
What has helped your writing improve the most, be it a class or a piece of advice or critiques or some well-timed encouragement? Earlier this year I went to the West Coast Christian Writers Conference and the classes really helped with how I approached writing, how to prepare myself for the criticism and rejection that comes with putting your work out there for others, and was super encouraging to be surrounded by people who were just like me.
What inspired you to make a blog? I love interacting with readers and it is a way to share bits of my creations with others.
What good things do you hope to impart to the world in your time on Earth? The love, hope, and joy we have in Christ.
What one thing or person can immediately turn a bad day into a good (or at least bearable) one for you? My twin sister.
Your opinion on fidget spinners? If it helps you focus or entertains you, then go for it. Everyone has their own thing. 
What is your favorite food? Mexican food. I'm always in the mood for a good burrito.  
What is your favorite music band? I'm really into NEEDTOBREATHE right now.  
Favorite book? Genre? Golden Filly Series by Lauraine Snelling, and yes I know that it s way more than one book. Eheheh. I love historical fiction! 
Favorite movie? Tv show? Pearl Harbor (clearplayed). NCIS. 
Last book you read? Blue Skies Tomorrow by Sarah Sundin 
Favorite Authors? Lauraine Snelling, Kim Vogel Sayer, Ruth Logan Verne, and Sarah Sundin to name a few. 
Book you're looking forward to most? With You Always by Jody Hedlund 
How many books have you written?  I have written three. 
What is your biggest writing strength? Weakness? I'm told it is my characters. I think my weakness is timelines. 
What has changed most about your writing from when you started to now? The balance of dialogue and description. I used to write really heavy on the dialogue. 
What is your favorite writing resource?  Curriculum? Craft books? Blogs? Magazine? OYAN was a huge help. Not really into craft books, I use pinterest. Come to think of it I don't really follow any writing blogs. And I'm not a magazine person. 
What do you love most about stories? Characters? Plots? Conflict? Characters. I definitely love characters the most. I like being able to relate with them. I'm a really empathetic person so even with characters I get super invested in them and their lives.  
Who is your favorite character? Why? Of my own, probably Malcolm. He's is the one character I created with so much of myself in him. Of others... Dan from Little Men, because he is a tough guy with a tender soul.

Comments

Popular Posts