Twins, Sisters, Friends













(photo credit: Katie B. Images https://katlynbphotography.wordpress.com/)

As many of you know, I am an identical mirror twin. Her name Adri and she is my whole world. We look alike (we personally don't think so but most people think we do) but we do things opposite and our personalities are very different.  

As you can see in the photo, she likes short hair (that is the longest it has been since we were little) and my hair reaches my waist. Although we both write right-handed, I can write with my left. In sports I am ambidextrous and Adri is a righty. In school, Adri loved Math and I preferred English.
Adri loves fashion, jewelry, shoes and always dresses classy. I, on the other hand, am a combat boot, sneakers, jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. Personality wise, Adri is quiet but can be a social butterfly and I am super shy. I usually let her do the talking for the both of us. When it comes to movies, Adri will watch just about anything, even cheesy films. I stick with action movies, but on occasion will watch a slower, romance with her. We both love crime shows though. Our music tastes are pretty close, although I like classical music more. We both like horses, books (but different genres), soccer, and ballet. 

Many people ask us if we have our own language. When we were little, Mom and Dad said it sounded like we did. As of now, we do not, however there are key words and looks we give each other to communicate. We think alike a lot too. I can be singing a song in my head and Adri will start singing it aloud without me telling her that was the song I was singing. We will often have the same response, one person just happens to say it first.  Or we say the same thing at the same time. Our emotions are very connected too. If we see the other one crying, we will start crying too. We can be in different rooms and if one of us is feeling sad, the other can sense it. We cannot stay mad at each other for very long because it makes us feel like a half of us is missing. The longest we've ever been apart was three days and it was one of the hardest things ever.

I love being a twin. We have a unique sibling relationship and a constant companion. I have known her my whole life and she knows me almost better than I know myself. Thank you Adri, you are the best sister ever. <3 

Comments

  1. What a huge blessing to have such a close friend in your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls are gorgeous!! :)
    Beautiful post, yalls relationship is inspiring<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts