Dreams come true...

On March 30, 2016 I flew hundreds of miles with one purpose. To visit a friend. We had known each other for about two years and had texted, emailed, and video called often, but we wanted to meet face to face. So I saved, and then got my parents involved until we had plane tickets and a hotel in Louisville Kentucky, only a half hour from my friend. I was super nervous about meeting Rain in person. I was afraid we would be different that how we were online and on our phone. As we pulled up to Red Robin in St. Matthews mall, Rain got out of her car and ran toward me. I hurried forward and we embraced. Immediately the nerves vanished and I felt the love we had shared for two years. She was my big sister, my dear friend, and a dream come true. We talked, laughed, and joked over food for a couple hours and then went our separate ways with plans to spend the next day together. I then went with my family to visit Churchill Downs, the famous race track of the Kentucky Derby! It was another dream of mine and it was fantastic.

We walked through the Kentucky Derby Museum and I brushed up on my racing knowledge. That evening we ate at Chick-fil-A and then retired for the evening. Waking early the next morning we picked Rain up at her house, which is absolutely gorgeous! Dad had a conference call on his phone so Rain and I had to be quiet. We got out our phones and talk to each other by texting. It was real funny and awesome. We drove to the Creation Museum and then toured the place. It had a cool fossils and Biblical telling as well as an awesome presentation of the Creation of the Cosmos in the Planetarium. The gardens at the museum and petting zoo was also cool. We got to see peacocks and a Zorse! On the way home Rain and I fell asleep in the car! Friday Rain met us at the hotel and we drove up to the Kentucky Horse park. We walked the museums, visited the different barns and saw draft horses, police horses, and breeds for all over the globe. We also got to meet several Kentucky Derby winner horses as well as the only living man who rode Man of War. He was one of three men who ever rode Man of War. We rode in a horse drawn trolley, visited the graves of Man of War, War Admiral, and Isaac Burns Murphy.

Saturday I visited another friend and we walked the outlet mall in Louisville and had dinner before going to church. Southeastern is a gigantic church and Kyle Idleman did a fantastic job preaching. He spoke on fear, which was just what I needed to hear. Afterward Megan and her mom went to DQ with us and we ate dessert and talked before having to go back to our homes. It was fun catching up with her again. The next morning I slept in and then prepared to go over to Rain's. We arrived for lunch, which was delicious Mexican food. Rain, Adri, Cassie, and I played games and talked, played violin, looked at art, took selfies, and talked some more. Rain and I got to spend a lot of time together and we had great time making memories. There were so many precious moment and I'm savoring all of them. Rain's family is amazing and I especially enjoyed hers, and her older sisters company. I feel as if we had known each other our whole lives. Leaving was hard, because neither of us knew when we would see the other again. We had had a week but it had flown by so quickly. I waved the whole way down the driveway and as soon as she disappeared from my sight I cried. We had an unbreakable bond, an instant connection, and a deep sisterly love.

Kentucky is gorgeous as is Indiana and my love for the place has grown immensely. I love everyone's accents and how they say "y'all", "ma'am", "sweetheart", "honey", and "dear". I kept going through the different ways and say and use certain words. I thought it was also cool how most of the cities were ended with "town", "burg", or "ville". There was so much we did not see and I know I'll be back to tour the beautiful states again. It was the best week ever and I was the happiest I have ever been. This has been my favorite vacation so far and I can't wait to come back! I want to thank Megan for Saturday's fun. I enjoyed myself. And also Rain and her family, for their hospitality, amazing family, and exciting fun we were allowed. I'm so proud to call y'all my friends. Thanks so much. I will be back as soon as I can!!!

Comments

Popular Posts