“Shattered World”


I  lost my innocence
A long, long time ago
I gave up my impotence
To my relentless foe

I knew it was all wrong
And played a sinless girl
I lost where I had belong
Emotions began to swirl

I fought the battle of wills
Got beat down so low
My body shook with chills
I waited for the next blow

The mountain was mine
But only for a second
I was shown my shrine
Quickly I was beckoned

My spirit was no more
There would be no fight
It would no longer soar
I walked from the light

The horizon held no hope
My fate meant nothing
I slid to the end of my rope
The pain was crushing

My shackles cute deep
And I screamed out
I was dropped in a heap
I was caught in doubt

I was beaten and I broke
He was going for the kill
Laughed as I began to choke
Cut me with such skill

One by one, I was frayed
Life swung by a thread
My throat was at the blade
In seconds, I could be dead

Whispering in desperation
I said a simple prayer
I gave up the information
Made my soul bare

My head bowed, it was done
I waited for my sentence
Could have stared down a gun
I would show repentance

Silence stretched on and on
My guard was coming down
Yet no words of my con
Just a piercing, sad frown

I wished for a harsh word
Stripes across my feeble back
Reality was being blurred
My shoulders began to wrack

Sobs I gave of true sorrow
My heart tore so very hard
Sympathy I would not borrow
Was I to be forever scarred?

They gave me forgiveness
Offered warm embraces
There was no stiffness
I was in there good graces

Yet my mind whirled around
I was a prisoner set free
My hands and feet unbound
I uttered an apology

Where did we go from there?
Would life continue to spin on?
Whatever came after I would bear
A price was paid, a battle was won

Comments

Popular Posts