My Thankful List

Every year, my family and I create thankful lists to reflect on the past year and thank Jesus. As Thanksgiving approached, I have been thinking of all that I have to be thankful for this year. 2020 has by no means been an easy year. In fact, it may have been one of the most challenging. However, a great deal of change occurred and I believe it was mostly for the better. So this, is part of my thankful list...

1. The Opportunity to Pursue an A.A. in Creative Writing. I never thought I would attend college, but in January I began my studies online and will graduate in May, unless I decide to pursue a B.S..

2. Sister Engaged and Married. It's the days most little girls dream of and although it was hard letting go of my other half, it is incredible to watch my twin begin a new journey with the love of her life. Our relationship has blossomed in a new way and she is dearer to my heart than ever!

3. Vacation with my Parents. During the summer we were blessed with a little get away to the beach, where we could relax in a stress-free environment. 

4. My Health. This year I have healed in so many ways. For the first time in years, my asthma has been fully under control without any medications. My supplement intake has decreased significantly and I am feeling healthier than I have in a really long time.

5. Stronger Relationship with my Parents. Perhaps it is just that I am growing older, but as the only child living with my parents its actually been an amazing experience. We are all very close and there is a strong, developed, mutual respect that makes living together a joy!

6. My Job. I love what I do and I love who I work for. It is not always easy, but for the most part, it's filled with learning, laughter, games, and good conversation.

7. Vacation with my Friend. It had been a year since I had seen a good friend of mine. My spring trip was cancelled and it was uncertain when I would be able to go out to see her. Last month, I was blessed to spend two weeks at the beach with her and our friendship is stronger than ever. 

8. I'm Learning to Take Care of Myself. Self-care has always been hard for me. I'm very good at taking care of others, but when it comes to myself I get in my head and make up reasons why I should not take time to take care of myself. This year I have spent a lot more time at home and realized the importance of taking care of oneself. This includes allowing others to help take care of me when I am unable. What a lifted weight that lesson has been!

9. Jesus. Without Jesus, I would not be able to look back on 2020 and see the silver lining. He showed me the good, where I thought there was none. Our relationship has grown and He has continued to show up in my life in huge ways. 

 My friends, there are so many things to be thankful for. This list could go on and on. My heart is so full of gratitude and joy. Even though challenges have come, there have been magnificent victories and I continue to believe that there will be more miracles to come! Happy Thanksgiving and God bless.


Comments

Popular Posts