Summer of Growth

Growth is not always pleasant but it is necessary. It can be painful, slow, and seemingly unfruitful. Upon further examination, the blessings can be seen and the outcome is visible. Growth takes endurance, strength, humility, and trust. It's a process.

The other day, I hit a milestone. I survived for more than two weeks without my twin. Let me just say, that's insanely difficult for me. Why? In the twenty-two years of our lives the longest we had ever been apart for was about two weeks. My twin has been married for a month. I am in uncharted territory people. The amount of independence I now have is actually a bit overwhelming. I don't mind it for the most part, its just odd, new, and something I know I will have to continue to grow into.

I immediately recognized how much I was going to need my friends around and dear my relationship with Jesus was going to be. He has affirmed my need to build upon my friendships, to be bold as a person, and discover who I am on my own. It's scary, I'll admit it. It's been stretching so far. And it hasn't been easy. I knew watching my twin get married would be hard and it has been. The emotions that I have dealt with aren't quite describable. Amidst the pain, there has been beauty, joy, excitement. Jesus has been helping to learn through it all. I've had my moments of doubt. My moments of fear. My moments of tears. Jesus is faithful to bring people around me, to shine His love inside me, to pick me back up when I fall.

This summer has been different, as I know it has been for a lot of us. So much change. So much uncertainty. I've felt it. Jesus is teaching me trust in storm. Trust in the chaos. Jesus has been teaching me to give Him my sorrow and rest in His comfort. Jesus has been teaching me to have faith and believe, especially when it seems impossible.

So I am thankful for change. I am thankful for learning. I am thankful for the pain just as I am thankful for the blessing. In this season of growth, I pray you all feel Jesus's love. His comfort. His peace.

Comments

Popular Posts