A Letter For You

Dear Warrior,

This isn't where you saw yourself being right now is it? The cancelled plans. The rattled dreams. The uncertainty of what's to come. I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do. It's hard letting plans go. It's hard having dreams taken away. I'm really sorry. Those mixture of emotions...the sadness...the heaviness...the anxiety...the anger...the grief. I've felt them too. Have you had those days, where you just cry and you don't know why, or maybe you do, or maybe you feel its a silly reason to cry? I've got quite a few of those. And it's okay. Cry. Scream. Breathe. And go on. It's okay.

I've heard this said before and I really think its true: We're mourning.

Something. Someone. Everything.

Do you feel like a lost ship, in the middle of a storm? Stranded. Weary. Desperate for a lighthouse and the call above the wind saying "Land Ho!". Me too. Each day blurs into the next. Normal is thrown out the window. Schedules don't exist. It's odd isn't it, to have all this time and yet no motivation to fill it. Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure its not. Did you have a picturesque vision of yourself getting things done, working on projects, trying new things, but in reality you're struggling to put on jeans instead of pajama bottoms. I get it. I'm with you. Seriously, I'm wearing camo pajamas and drinking coffee from a mug that says "I literally can't" as I write this.

Here's the thing. We'll get through this. One day at a time. The storm never last forever. My advice? Look for the little blessings. The smiles on kids faces. The families spending time with each other. The communities rallying to help each other. Focus on the little joys. The guilt-free-lazy-days. The books you finally get to read. The entire series of that one tv show you have wanted to binge-watch for a year. Rejoice even the littlest of victories. The fact that you brushed you hair (even if it hasn't been washed in a week). The A on your online homework assignment. The video call program you finally got to work. Keep it up. The important thing is that you're trying.

You're doing great. Lord willing you'll be out in the sunshine embracing one another soon. There is hope. There is light at the end of the tunnel. We're in this together. May you be blessed this week by little acts of kindness. May you find strength to spread cheer even if your soul is heavy. May you also learn something during this time that will stay with you forever. Jesus loves you and I'm praying for you, dear Warrior.

Love,
Jade



P.S. To the men and women keeping us healthy and safe, thank you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts