A Year of Opportunity

With optimism, I have decided to call 2020: a year of opportunity. I am determined to view this year as a good one and perhaps in time that shall translate into my feelings. Twenty-one days into the year and so far, its been fantastic.

For those of you who don't know, I went back to school! That's right folks, I said it. My "gap year" has come to an end. It has been three and half years since graduating high school and I took the leap into the college scene. Well, more like a step...seeing as I am still doing school from home, in sweats and sweatshirt, messy bun, and listening to music half of the time. Anyway, I have completed week one and so far and I love it. I know as the semesters go on it might become challenging, but I am finally excited to learn again. In approximately two years, I hope to graduate with my Associates of Arts in Creative Writing from Liberty University (Online).

My writing has slowed a bit, but I am still trying to make it a daily occurrence to write, even if it is not my current novel. This year I have several conferences lined up to attend. At these events, I hope to meet Lauraine Snelling, who wrote some of my childhood absolute favorite books, and Charles Martin, who is a refreshing voice in the writing world and inspires me to write authentically. In addition to writing, I plan on reading 50 books this year (not counting my college textbooks).

Whatever else the Lord has planned for me this year, I look forward to it eagerly. He has already given me joy in the few things that has happened and will be happening over the next few months. I pray that you too will venture into 2020 with an optimistic perspective and an open heart.

If you want more frequent tid-bits on my journey, reading ideas, or encouragement, follow me on my socials. God bless!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_jadesparks_
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JadeSparks_

Comments

Popular Posts